• Long out of print and finally reissued 1967 release “Hip Hug-Her"
• AAA process, cut from the Original Analog Master tapes by Kevin Gray.
• High Quality Vinyl Release.
• Limited Color Vinyl Edition.
• Features the hit single: “Hip Hug-Her”
One of the treasures of listening to this album is hearing their signature sound moving through the culture of the 60s while holding onto what made them...well...them. Even as the album art veered towards a counter-culture sensibility, the music inside was not letting the listener mistake them for anyone else but themselves...always Booker T & The MGs.
1967’s Hip Hug-Her is one of their most beloved records, with its toe tapping into the pop world. Spawning two significant hits, their cover of the Young Rascals “Groovin” and the title track, which many recognize as the iconic opening and closing credit sequence music for the movie ‘Barfly.’
Double Or Nothing
Slim Jenkins’ Place